Lodging a transaction

person holding a large amount of documentationYou can lodge your water share transaction in person over-the-counter at Land Use Victoria, 570 Bourke Street, Melbourne.

All you need to do is say that you want to lodge a water register transaction of your water share and you will be referred to a Registration Officer who will process your transaction.

You can also post your lodgement to:

Victorian Water Registrar
Land Use Victoria
GPO Box 527 Melbourne 3001

Your water share transfer must be lodged in the Water Register by the Water Registrar within two calendar months from the date your water authority approved the transaction. If the transaction is not lodged within the two calendar months, the water authority approval lapses and the Water Registrar will not record the transfer.

Fees apply for lodging a transaction with the Water Registrar. For Water Registrar fees and fees relating to water shares and water allocations you need to go to the Water Register website.

F or more information on lodging a transaction go to Frequently asked questions.

Page last reviewed on 31 October 2016

Global menu Back to Top