Survey Marks Enquiry Service (SMES)
The Survey Marks Enquiry Service (SMES) provides free, online access to the survey control mark information managed by the Office of Surveyor-General Victoria.
It is an open access database of all survey control mark information in Victoria, with searching and download options and the ability to lodge new information or amendments. SMES is also used by the Office of Surveyor-General Victoria to maintain Australia's geodetic and height datums – the Geocentric Datum of Australia, 1994 (GDA94) and the Australian Height Datum (AHD).
- latest GDA94 coordinate and AHD height values resulting from ongoing network adjustments
- estimates of positional uncertainty – horizontal and vertical
- additional survey mark information and metadata, such as mark status, observation techniques, source and adjustment details
- underlying VicMap data to support interactive map searching
- permanent mark sketch plans.
Read the SMES fact sheet (DOCX 245.9 KB) for more information.
Permanent mark sketch plan templates
Plan templates have been prepared for the preparation of permanent mark sketch plans. They have been formatted to suit common CAD software packages. These include AutoCAD (DWG), LISCAD (LCD), Microstation (DGN), PDF, DOC and DXF. Download the permanent mark sketch plan templates (ZIP 138.7 KB) and select your preferred file format.
T: 03 8636 2546