Find a licensed surveyor

SurveyorIf you need a survey of your property's boundaries, you should contact one of Victoria's registered surveyors.

The Office of Surveyor-General Victoria only does surveys for government agencies.

To confirm that your surveyor is licensed, check the Register of Licensed Surveyors.

Licensed surveyors are registered by the Surveyors Registration Board of Victoria (SRBV).

The SRBV is a statutory body responsible for establishing and maintaining the competency and educational standards for licensing surveyors, maintaining a register of licensed surveyors and managing disciplinary procedures.

A licensed surveyor is the only person legally entitled to undertake a survey to mark the boundaries of your property.

A licensed surveyor will define your land boundaries and on request should provide a certified plan that confirms the work has been completed correctly.

Cadastral plans or surveys prepared by non-licensed surveyors do not have legal standing and will not be recognised as evidence in the event of a boundary dispute.

Non-licensed surveyors tend to specialise in one or more areas of surveying including engineering, mapping or hydrology. Licensed surveyors may also practise in these aspects of surveying as well as land use, development and administration.

Page last reviewed on 7 October 2014

Global menu Back to Top