The Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning, through Office of Surveyor-General Victoria (OSGV), is the government's authority on surveying and property boundaries.
It is responsible for:
- providing and maintaining survey infrastructure
- providing survey and drafting services for government agencies
- managing the survey component of major government projects
- providing technical advice and guidelines for surveying
- monitoring the standard of surveys lodged with Land Use Victoria.
SGV only does surveys for government agencies. If you need a survey of your property, you should contact one of Victoria's licensed surveyors.
Information on what surveyors do in Victoria and the history of surveying.
Find a licensed surveyor
Information on how to find a licensed surveyor in the state of Victoria. Plus how to confirm a surveyor is licensed, and information on the Surveyors Registration Board of Victoria (SRBV).
Government surveying services
Information on the Office of Surveyor-General Victoria, details on the services it offers including the Survey Marks Enquiry Service and equipment calibration.
Advice and guidelines for surveyors
Instructions to help surveyors interpret legislation and perform cadastral surveys, guidance notes on re-establishment principles.
Newsletters containing information updates on survey practice, special projects, news and events.
- Practice Directives
- Surveyor-General Victoria
- Survey Practice Handbook
- Survey Equipment Calibration
- Surveyors Registration Board