Proposed Land Victoria fees regulations
Fees associated with the lodgement of property transactions and plans of subdivision and for searching the Titles Register have been reviewed. New fees regulations are proposed to commence on 1 July 2016.
A Regulatory Impact Statement (RIS) about the proposed regulations is now available. The closing date for comments is 16 November 2015.
- Regulatory Impact Statement (PDF 1.2 MB)
- Regulatory Impact Statement (DOCX 6.6 MB)
- VCEC letter (PDF 49.5 KB)
- Exposure Draft Transfer of Land (Fees) Regs 2015 (PDF 568.3 KB)
- Exposure Draft Subdivision (Registrar's Fees) Regs 2015 (PDF 545.5 KB)
Registrar's Requirements for Paper Conveyancing
Section 106A of the Transfer of Land Act 1958 provides that the Registrar of Titles may determine requirements for paper conveyancing transactions.
The Registrar determined Version 1 of the Registrar's Requirements for Paper Conveyancing on 29 September 2015 and published them on 30 September 2015.
National electronic conveyancing – Operating Requirements and Participation Rules
On 29 September 2015 the Registrar of Titles determined Version 3 of both the Operating Requirements and Participation Rules for electronic conveyancing under Section 22 and Section 23 respectively of the Electronic Conveyancing National Law (Victoria).
Version 3 of the Operating Requirements and Participation Rules were published on 30 September 2015 and take effect on 9 November 2015.
In determining the Operating Requirements and Participation Rules, the Registrar has adopted the model operating requirements and model participation rules developed and approved by the Australian Registrars' National Electronic Conveyancing Council (ARNECC).
- Operating Requirements Version 3 (PDF 318.6 KB)
- Operating Requirements Version 3 (DOCX 297.8 KB)
- Participation Rules Version 3 (PDF 288.0 KB)
- Participation Rules Version 3 (DOCX 258.4 KB)
The Registrar of Titles has previously determined Version 2 of the Operating Requirements and Participation Rules in May 2014 and Version 1 in April 2013 respectively.
- Operating Requirements Version 2 (PDF 285.4 KB)
- Operating Requirements Version 2 (DOC 844.5 KB)
- Participation Rules Version 2 (PDF 346.5 KB)
- Participation Rules Version 2 (DOC 723.0 KB)
- Operating Requirements Version 1 (PDF 190.6 KB)
- Operating Requirements Version 1 (DOCX 168.0 KB)
- Participation Rules Version 1 (PDF 160.5 KB)
- Participation Rules Version 1 (DOCX 166.6 KB)
Aligning paper and electronic conveyancing
Land Victoria is conducting public consultation on aligning electronic and paper conveyancing, and minimising inconsistencies between the states and territories. The consultation will also consider changes to mortgage provisions.
The first step in the process is the Introductory paper below, which outlines the consultation process.
- Aligning paper and electronic conveyancing requirements – Introductory Paper (PDF 904.7 KB)
- Aligning paper and electronic conveyancing requirements – Introductory Paper (DOCX 71.0 KB)
The Consultation paper was released on 22 November 2013.
- Aligning paper and electronic conveyancing requirements – Consultation Paper (PDF 475.6 KB)
- Aligning paper and electronic conveyancing requirements – Consultation Paper (DOCX 157.6 KB)
Following is analysis of responses to the consultation paper. The document gives an overview of key issues raised in submissions and Land Victoria's response.
Proposed national mortgage form
Land Victoria is conducting consultation on the proposed national mortgage form developed by the Australian Bankers' Association (ABA), Australian Registrars' Working Group, PEXA Ltd and ABA Member banks. It is proposed that the national mortgage form will be used by all lenders in all jurisdictions.
The national mortgage form has been developed as a PDF smart form. Please download and trial the form.
- Land Victoria Customer Notice (DOC 119.5 KB) – further information about the national mortgage form
- Proposed national mortgage form (PDF 1.0 MB)
- Example mortgage form when used in Victoria (PDF 51.0 KB)
- Example mortgage form when used in Queensland (PDF 15.2 KB)
A Guide to Property Values
The annual guide to property sales information is based on figures from the Valuer-General Victoria. The guide can be requested free-of-charge. Snapshots featuring median sale prices for houses, units or vacant house blocks also available.
Victorian Property Sales Report
The Victorian Property Sales Report is a quarterly report on median sale prices by suburb for houses, units and vacant land. The report can be downloaded free-of-charge.