Buying or selling property
When buying and selling property there are many things for you to consider - checking title information, finding the right property, information about the property market, private sales and auctions; locating services near a property (including schools, health services, etc).
LANDATA is Land Victoria's online search service, providing access to title and property information.
Information is available online to the general public and professionals.
Alternatively, contact one of LANDATA's licensed information brokers from the list of brokers and data service providers.
For more information phone LANDATA on (+61 3) 8636 2456.
- Land Victoria's Forms, guides and fees webpage - Forms and fees required by Land Victoria when transacting in property, and explanatory guides.
- Consumer Affairs Victoria - includes useful information about buying and selling property.
- Real Estate Institute of Victoria
State Revenue Office Victoria, where you can find information about:
- Land Tax
- Land Tax Rates
- Duties Act - Land Transfer Calculator
- Mortgage Duty Calculator
Legislation and Regulations
Victorian Legislation including:
- Sale of Land Act 1962
- Transfer of Land Act 1958
- Subdivision Act 1988
- Planning and Environment Act 1987
- Surveying Act 2004
- Owners Corporations Act 2006
- Valuation of Land Act 1960