Lost or destroyed titles

Photo: Lost titleWhen you buy a property, you get a Certificate of Title, which is a paper copy of an entry in the online land register.

If you lose your paper Certificate of Title or it is destroyed you can apply for a replacement. You may require the services of a lawyer or licensed conveyancer to prepare the application. Detailed evidence and appropriate supporting documents are required.

The Forms, guides and fees page holds the form and guide to replacing a lost or destroyed Certificate of Title, and the fees associated with the application.

Page last reviewed on 30 March 2015

Global menu Back to Top