Change title details

Photo: Certificate of Title documentsChanges to information on a title are known as title dealings.

Common reasons for changing details on a title include:

  • correcting your name and address
  • a recent purchase of a property
  • re-mortgaging your property
  • completing your last mortgage repayment
  • the death of an owner.

You can lodge common land dealings yourself, but most are lodged on behalf of clients by conveyancers, lawyers, financial institutions or surveyors familiar with land administration.

To find one of these property professionals, refer to the White Pages and search 'conveyancing', 'lawyer' or 'surveyor'.

Forms, guides and fees for common title dealings are available free online. The guides include information for filling out forms.

You can lodge your documents in person at:

Land Use Victoria
570 Bourke Street
Melbourne 3000

You may also post them to:

Land Registration Services
Land Use Victoria
GPO Box 527 Melbourne 3001

or via Ausdoc DX250639 Melbourne.

An additional fee is charged for each dealing or application lodged by mail.

Page last reviewed on 31 October 2016

Global menu Back to Top