Vision for geodesy in Victoria
The vision of the Office of Surveyor-General Victoria (OSGV) and the Information Services Division (ISD) of the Department of Environment and Primary Industries is to provide geodetic infrastructure for Victoria that meets the needs of all spatial information users. This is done through consistent and easy access to accurate positioning information, infrastructure and services across the entire state.
Victoria's geodetic infrastructure has been designed to:
- support statewide positioning in a way that is economic and efficient for users
- maintain the same minimum accuracy across the entire state
- use technology compatible with that preferred by the full range of users
- meet the needs of existing and future users
- be consistent with the overall national framework managed by Geoscience Australia's National Geospatial Reference Systems Project.