Victoria’s geodetic infrastructure
Victoria's geodetic infrastructure is comprised of:
- a network of survey control marks
- AuScope Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) Continuously Operating Reference Stations (CORS) network
- Vicmap Position-GPSnet GNSS CORS network
- authoritative information on survey control marks stored in the Survey Marks Enquiry Service database
- a large archive of survey measurements to Victoria's survey control mark network
- automated systems for the processing, analysis and delivery of survey control mark coordinates.
Victoria's geodetic infrastructure enables users to determine positions in relation to the nationally adopted Geocentric Datum of Australia (GDA).
Victoria's network of survey control marks is an integral part of the National Geodetic Network, managed by Geoscience Australia. The network forms the authoritative reference framework to which all other spatial data and systems in Victoria can be aligned.
Surveyors working with survey control marks in Victoria are encouraged to submit GNSS data to the Office of Surveyor-General Victoria (OSGV) as outlined in this factsheet.
Sample GNSS field booking sheets help ensure all required observation information is provided.