2014 Housing and industrial land data
The 2014 Urban Development Program for metropolitan Melbourne provides an annual update on the pipeline of major residential redevelopment projects in established areas; the supply of broadhectare residential land; and industrial land.
The Urban Development Program draws on information and feedback from a comprehensive range of sources across state and local government, as well as additional datasets on housing and associated land development.
- More than 158,000 development ready residential lots in Melbourne's growth areas.
- Over 200,000 dwellings under construction, planned or mooted over the next ten years in major residential redevelopments in established areas.
- More than 25,000 hectares of industrially zoned land across metropolitan Melbourne with over 7,000 hectares of that being vacant.
Download the 2014 Urban Development Program Report:
The Subegional Overview Maps show each of the existing and proposed broadhectare residential areas, major residential redevelopment sites, as well as existing and proposed industrial areas.
- 2014 Urban Development Program Overview Map - Central (PDF 881.8 KB)
- 2014 Urban Development Program Overview Map - Eastern (PDF 1.6 MB)
- 2014 Urban Development Program Overview Map - Northern (PDF 1.8 MB)
- 2014 Urban Development Program Overview Map - Southern (PDF 1.9 MB)
- 2014 Urban Development Program Overview Map - Western (PDF 1.8 MB)
Urban Development Program residential and industrial land supply data is available for download in the zip file below. This zip file contains five spatial data files and MapInfo software is required to use them.
If you have any difficulty in accessing the information above or would like more information about the Urban Development Program, please contact us on (03) 9208 3000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org