Planning permit application forms
The Application for Planning Permit form can be used to apply for planning permits in all areas of Victoria where either the local council or the Minister for Planning is responsible for issuing planning permits.
Use the links below to go to select the appropriate form for your local council, or you can request a copy of the form from the relevant council or departmental regional office.
- How to complete the form
- Application forms for metropolitan councils
- Application forms for rural councils
- Application forms for the Minister for Planning
- Application forms for VicSmart applications
- Application to amend a permit
- More information
How to complete the form
Follow these steps to use the planning permit application forms:
- Select and download the form applicable to the council responsible for making the decision on your permit application. For some areas the Minister for Planning will make this decision and this form is provided at the bottom of the page.
- You can either print the form and fill it in by hand, or use it on your computer as an online form. Note: if you choose to fill the form in electronically you should print it because you can only save a blank form to your computer.
For help on how to complete the form, download this guide:
Please note: The Application for Planning Permit form is optimised for use in Internet Explorer 11 or later. If it is not displaying correctly it is recommended that you update Internet Explorer to the latest version.
Use these forms where a council is responsible for making the decision about your permit application. Select the council where you need to lodge your application from the maps or lists below.
If you don't know the name of your local council, you can search by postcode at Find Your Local Council
The Permit Application Form is also available in an accessible Microsoft Word format:
Minister for Planning forms
Use this form where the Minister for Planning is responsible for making the decision about your permit application. This includes applications in Alpine Resorts, Central City, Docklands, French Island and Sandstone Island, Port of Melbourne and all other applications to the Minister for Planning such as wind energy facilities applications under Clause 61.01.
VicSmart application forms
Your council can advise what form you should use for a local VicSmart application. If council does not have a specific VicSmart form, you can use one of these forms when making an application for a planning permit under VicSmart. More information about VicSmart...
- VicSmart application form (PDF 285.6 KB) or (DOC 194.5 KB)
- Combined application form (PDF 304.5 KB) or (DOC 194.5 KB)
Application to amend a permit
If you need to change your permit or the endorsed plans after they have been issued, you will need to lodge an 'Application to amend a planning permit'. View information about applying to amend a permit and the Application to Amend a Permit forms
For more information or assistance about a council form, contact your local council. Contact details for the council are provided at the end of each application form.
Accessibility of documents on this page
Some of the documents on this page are presented in PDF format. If you have difficulty in accessing any of these documents please contact us at email@example.com.