Have your say about Planning
Our website provides access to information about planning issues, development applications and projects. These often include community consultation processes and committees established to advise on planning reviews, development applications and amendments to planning schemes.
Consultation can be sought for the following:
- Planning policy
- Planning Panels and Advisory Committees
- Environmental assessment
- Amendments to planning schemes
Community consultation processes
The department often seeks to consult the community on planning matters, lists of current and recent consultation processes that have been conducted can be found below.
Find out how to get involved and have your say on specific planning reviews.
Government Land Standing Advisory Committee
Have your say on proposals to change the planning provisions for land owned by the Victorian Government. Submissions can be made until 5.00pm 9 December 2016.
Level Crossing Removal Standing Advisory Committee
Have your say on draft planning controls to facilitate a mixed use development near Ormond Station. Submissions can be made until 5.00pm 9 December 2016.
- Protecting the Yarra River
Comments were sought on the key issues and opportunities for the river. Submissions closed on 8 August 2016.
- Better Apartments
Comments were sought regarding the Better Apartments Draft Design Standards. Submissions closed on 19 September 2016.
- Draft Boroondara Planning Scheme Amendment C255
Comments were sought on proposed discretionary height controls to Boroondara's commercial corridors and closed on 23 February 2016.
- EES Inquiry: Melbourne Metro Rail Project
The Environmental Effects Statement was on exhibition until 6 July 2016.
- Government Land Standing Advisory Committee
Comments regarding future planning provisions for the second tranche of land sites closed on 27 May 2016.
- Managing Residential Development Advisory Committee
Comments were sought on a Residential State of Play Report and closed on 14 March 2016
- Macedon Ranges Protection Advisory CommitteeComments were sought on policy to support changes to the legislative framework to achieve protection for the Macedon Ranges. Submissions closed on 18 April 2016.
- Melbourne C270 - Central City Built Form Review
Comments were sought on the proposed new planning controls to guide development and support the long-term liveability of Melbourne's central city. Submissions were open until 30 May 2016.
- Melbourne Regional Landfill expansion
A Regulatory Impact Statement has been prepared for the proposed planning and subdivision regulations. Comments on the proposals were received until 15 July 2016.
- Planning and Subdivision Fees Regulations RIS
A Regulatory Impact Statement has been prepared for the proposed planning and subdivision regulations. Comments on the proposals were received until 24 June 2016.
- UYVDR Regional Strategy Plan
Comments were sought on the Upper Yarra Valley and Dandenong Ranges Regional Strategy Plan. Comments on the proposals were received until 6 October 2016.
From time to time the Minister for Planning convenes an advisory committee to consider and make recommendations about planning issues. These issues may be broad policy matters or deal with specific site development proposals.
Current advisory committees
The following advisory committees have been established:
- Animal Industries Advisory Committee
Established to report on how the planning system can support the establishment and expansion of productive, competitive and market-responsive animal industries.
- Ballarat Station Precinct Advisory Committee
Appointed to provide advice on a proposed amendment to the Ballarat Planning Scheme for the redevelopment of the Ballarat Railway Station Precinct (the Precinct).
- Blackmore Holdings Wagyu Beef Farm Advisory Committee
Established to provide advice on an application for review of Murrindindi Shire Council's decision to refuse to grant a planning permit for the use of land at 260 Halls Flat Road, Alexandra for beef cattle production.
- Brunswick Terminal Station Upgrade Advisory Committee
Established to review the planning approvals process, including community consultation, for the upgrade of the Brunswick Terminal Station, and report on its findings.
- Bushfire Management Overlay Standing Advisory Committee
Appointed to consider submissions received from landowners seeking to review the application of the Bushfire Management Overlay to their property.
- Infrastructure Design Manual Advisory Committee
Established to review the potential implementation of the Infrastructure Design Manual into planning schemes across Victoria.
- Macedon Ranges Protection Advisory Committee
Appointed to provide advice on an appropriate policy to support changes to the legislative framework to achieve protection for the Macedon Ranges.
- Punt Road Public Acquisition Overlay Advisory Committee
Established to review the future of the Public Acquisition Overlay (overlay) affecting properties within the City of Stonnington on the east side of Punt Road by seeking input from affected landowners, stakeholders and agencies.
- Residential Zones Standing Advisory Committee (Stage 3)
Reappointed to provide advice on the proposed residential zones for the City of Port Phillip.
- Tarran Valley Rezoning Advisory Committee
Appointed to consider Amendment C36 to the Mount Alexander Planning Scheme, which seeks to rezone land for rural residential development.
- Vincent Care Advisory Committee
The Minister for Planning appointed an Advisory Committee pursuant to Section 151 of the Planning and Environment Act 1987 to advise on whether a planning permit should be issued for a proposed redevelopment at 179-191 Flemington Road and 68-74A Chapman Street, North Melbourne.
- Waverley Park Transmission Lines Advisory Committee
Appointed to review an Application for Review called in from VCAT to allow the transmission lines at Waverley Park to remain above ground.
Recent advisory committees
The following advisory committees have been recently concluded:
- Ballarat West Development Contributions Plan
Established to consider the Development Contributions Plan and associated draft Planning Scheme Amendment for Ballarat West.
- Big Hill Enhanced Development Project Inquiry
Established to consider the proposal to develop an open-cut gold mine along the Big Hill ridge, to the north-east of Stawell township in western Victoria.
- EES Inquiry Panel - Echuca Moama Bridge
Appointed to consider an EES draft Planning Scheme Amendment regarding the construction of a second bridge crossing of the Murray River between Echuca (Vic) and Moama (NSW).
- EES Inquiry Panel - Dundonnell Wind Farm
Established to consider an EES and Planning Permit Applications regarding the establishment of the Dundonnell Wind Farm.
- Environmentally Efficient Design Local Policy
Appointed to provide advice on the applicability and suitability of local planning policy that requires environmental sustainability to be considered at the planning stage rather than just at the building stage.
- John Fawkner Hospital Site Advisory Committee
Appointed to hear and consider submissions from the parties to the review, prior to the determination of the matter by the Governor in Council.
- Kilmore Wallan Bypass
Established to consider submissions made regarding the proposed Kilmore Wallan Bypass which links the Northern Highway with the Northern Freeway.
- Moonee Valley Racecourse Redevelopment Advisory Committee
Appointed to provide advice on all relevant matters associated with the proposed redevelopment of the Moonee Valley Racecourse.
- Mt Buller - Mt Stirling Link Road Advisory Committee
Established to consider an Application for Review called in from VCAT against the Notice of Decision to Grant a permit to allow the buildings and works for the construction of the Mt Buller - Mt Stirling Link Road.
- Palmers Road Corridor Project
Established to consider an EES and Planning Scheme Amendments regarding the upgrading of Palmers Road between the Western Freeway at Derrimut and the Calder Freeway at Calder Park.
- Residential Zones Standing Advisory Committee
Appointed to report on proposals to rezone land from the Residential 1, 2 and 3 Zones to the new Neighbourhood Residential Zone, General Residential Zone and Residential Growth Zone.
- Standard Development Contributions Advisory Committee
Appointed to provide advice on the final framework for a new standard development contributions system and on the establishment of the standard levies.
- State Planning Policy Framework Review Advisory Committee
Appointed to report on the review of the State Planning Policy Framework (SPPF) to align with the review of a number of state policy matters.
- Stockman Base Metals Project
Established to consider the proposal to develop the Stockman Base Metals Project. The project includes recommissioning an existing underground mine and development of a new underground mine, to produce copper-zinc-silver-gold concentrates for export.
Previous advisory committee reports
Subscribe to Planning Matters
Planning Matters is a free, weekly email alert service with links to new planning information on our website.