Researchers and community
- Find out if a place is listed on the Heritage Register
- Find places listed on the Heritage Inventory? (historical, non-Indigenous, archaeological sites)
- What is the nomination process for heritage places/objects?
- How do I report a new shipwreck or maritime site?
- Different levels of protecting heritage in Victoria
- What's the difference between the Victorian Heritage Register and Heritage Inventory?
- Find a shipwreck listed on the Heritage Register
- What's the difference between Heritage Victoria and the Heritage Council?
- Victoria's framework of historical themes
- Urban design case studies
- Industrial heritage case studies
Studies and resources
Managing places and objects
- How to create a conservation management plan
- Technical information and best practice on how to care for heritage places/objects
- How to conduct a historical archaeological survey
- How investigate a historical archaeological site
- What architectural style is that house?
- Can I obtain assistance to maintain or repair a heritage place?
- How do I apply for a permit to work on a maritime site?
- How do I appeal a permit decision by Heritage Victoria?
Councils and planning
- What does a local council heritage overlay mean?
- Find my local council
- Find planning scheme info, updates & amendments