Place and object owners
- Is my place listed on the Heritage Register? (significant heritage places and objects)
- Is my place listed on the Heritage Inventory? (historical, non-Indigenous, archaeological sites)
- What are the different levels of protecting heritage?
- What is the nomination process for heritage places/objects?
- What's the difference between Heritage Victoria and the Heritage Council?
- What's the difference between the Victorian Heritage Register and Heritage Inventory?
- What is historical archaeology?
- What does it mean if I get a certificate saying my place is on the Heritage Inventory?
- Good urban design case studies
- Industrial Heritage case studies
- How do I get a heritage permit for my place?
- What do I need to know if I'm excavating on my property?
- What do I need to know if I'm excavating an archaelogical site?
- How do I appeal a permit decision by Heritage Victoria?
- Can I develop a place if its on the Heritage Inventory?
- How do I get a heritage consent in order to work an archaelogical site?
Managing places and objects
- What architectural style is my house?
- How do I create a conservation management plan?
- Technical help on how to care for heritage places/objects
- What are my obligations regarding archaelogical sites?
- Who is my local heritage advisor?
- Find a consultant, contractor or archaeologist to work on my heritage place
- Making heritage places more environmentally sustainable
Councils and planning
- What does a local council heritage overlay mean?
- Find my local council
- Find planning scheme info, updates & amendments